Dr. G.O. Adunoye
Name: G. Olukayode Adunoye
Rank: Lecturer I
Discipline: Geotechnical Engineering
Phone Number: +2348033579586
- D. Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 2017
- Sc. Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 2012
- Sc. Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 1998
- Corporate Member, The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Member, Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers (NICE)
- Registered Engineer, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
- Certified International Project Manager (CIPM)
- Fellow, American Academy of Project Management
Dr. Adunoye’s research work so far has been in the development of bearing capacity and shear strength models, which are to serve as useful or handy information for geotechnical/foundation engineers; and make additions to available body of knowledge in providing solution to the problem of building collapse.
Dr. Adunoye teaches courses in Geotechnical Engineering and others (Strength of Materials, Surveying, Design of Concrete Structures, Design of Steel Structures, Technical Report Writing, and Engineering Contracts and Specifications).
- Adunoye, G.O. (2017). Development of Predictive Models for Determining the Shear Strength of Lateritic Soils in a Basement Complex Environment. PhD. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Adunoye, G.O. (2012). Development of a Model for Determining the Bearing Capacity of a Lateritic Soil. M. Sc. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Adunoye, G.O. (1998). Dehydration Characteristics of Sludge in a Solar cabinet Dryer. B.Sc. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- (i) Adunoye, G.O. and Agbede, O.A., 2013. Geotechnical Evaluation of Opa Dam, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, The International Journal of Engineering and Science, 2(2), 160 – 165.
- (ii) Adunoye, G.O. and Agbede, O.A., 2013. Statistical Modelling of the Relationship Between Bearing Capacity and Fines Content of Soil using Square Footing, Civil and Environmental Research, 3(2), 75 – 81.
- Adunoye, G.O., 2014. Study of Relationship between Fines Content and Cohesion of Soil, British Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 4(4), 682 – 692.
- Adunoye, G.O., 2014. Fines Content and Angle of Internal Friction of a Lateritic Soil: An Experimental Study, American Journal of Engineering Research, 3(3), 16 – 21.
- (v) Adunoye, G.O. and Agbede, O.A., 2014. Bearing Capacity Determination by Multiple Regression, Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology, 1(5), 285 – 291.
- Adunoye, G.O. and Agbede, O.A., 2017. Modelling of Circular Footing on Lateritic Soil, International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development, 2(1), 1159 – 1164.
Selected Professional Accomplishments
- Design and construction supervision of Ikot Akpa Erong – Odot road, Akwa Ibom State.
- Design of Okossi-Mbokpu road, Akwa Ibom State.
- Design of Apumiri-Umuofeke flood and erosion control project, Abia State.
- Construction of Ekeya-Okopedi-Oyubia-Urue Ita Road, Akwa Ibom State.
- Construction of Ikot Ekpene-Itu mbonuso Road, Akwa Ibom State.
- Construction of Calabar township roads, Cross River state.
- Rehabilitation/Construction of Nigerian Law School, Enugu Campus.
- Township erosion control work, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
- Structural design of various buildings.